In the past 10 years, Quicksand has presented a key perspective on the practice of a contemporary Indian studio- within a culture that embraces plurality, changemakers should act in equally plural ways.
This idea, in turn, manifests itself in myriad ways within our studio, while retaining a continuous state of exploration. On this journey, we have made the following observations that will help you know us better -
- People are the heart of our practice and we build creative partnerships with them as friends, colleagues, partners, clients, and stakeholders.
- We value craftsmanship and the role it plays in establishing coherent, desirable manifests for strategic design thinking.
- We build a spirit of interconnectedness within our studio; acknowledging the inherent tensions of an interdisciplinary group composed of highly creative, autonomous individuals.
- Positioned as a hybrid between design studio and business consultancy, our group has unique competencies in mediating the dialogue between people and organizations.
- We champion the role of design strategies in non-traditional settings; shaping new expectations and responsibilities that are incumbent on a progressive studio.
Quicksand is globally recognized for it's expertise in user-centered innovations for emerging markets. Our work supports organizations in envisioning programs, products and services that are future facing, disruptive, and yet rooted in principles of user centered design.
Our agenda for expanding the scope for design thinking has embedded us in varied sectors as finance, water and sanitation, consumer goods, education, new media and technology. Through our successes in seemingly disparate paradigms, we have demonstrated the transformative power of design thinking.
We have been commissioned by organizations in North America, Europe (UK, Netherlands, Italy, Germany, Switzerland) and Asia (Singapore, India, South Korea, Japan, Cambodia), while our research studies have been located in emerging markets throughout the Global South.
Our work, process and culture are authentic, local expressions that shape global design consciousness.